Followers

Monday 21 October 2013

Floral...

Hi all, sorry if I've been a little quiet. I've been very busy crafting and hubby's been working from home since Thursday, so very little peace to get on with blogging! lol.

I was super lucky to win one of Marianne's birthday candies the other week, and she sent me a LOTV floral sketch pad. How perfect is that! Thank you again Marianne, I love it!

So without further ado, my first card made with said gorgeous pad.


I chose the purple/turquoise colour combination, as we'd been out shopping on Friday, and as we were walking through Wilkinsons, I saw a basket full of purple and turquoise pillows, and all I could think was "I love those two colours together!"
I added a bit of a rustic feel by giving the (milk?) container the flowers are in a brownish tint, and throwing in some gorgeous burlap ribbon I also found in Wilkinsons (in the Christmas wrapping isle...), as well as the obligatory distressing of course :-)
I had the perfect little satin bow to add, but of course I wanted to add some ribbon too and didn't have any in the right colour... Promarkers to the rescue! One strip of white satin ribbon + one turquoise Promarker (same colour that's used on the image) = turquoise ribbon! :-D

And a peek at the inside:


So there you have it, first card with the sketch pad. The card the images are printed on is insanely smooth! Just gorgeous!

Recipe:

Image - LOTV sketch pad 
Medium - Promarkers
Paper - Papermania "Enchanted" and Fizzy Moon
Sentiment - LOTV
Flowers are from The Works
White and Kraft card, ribbon and bow from stash.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Bearly Mine challenges - Anything goes
Crafty Ribbons - Anything goes with ribbon
The Crafting Cafe - anything goes 
Challenges 4 everybody - Anything goes
Allsorts Challenge - Ribbons and bows
Cards Galore - Flowers


Have an awesomesauce day everyone!

Sammy-x

11 comments:

catherine said...

So beautiful and lovely colours Sammy and thanks for joining our challenge at Allsorts this week
x catherine

brenda said...

As I had so many kind comment from my lovely blogland friends last week saying you were OK with copy and pate until I can type again, am popping in to say hello and take a peek at your lovely work.

B x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous hun love the colours huggles Sue xx

Dawn said...

Gorgeous cards! I love the addition of the burlap! Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafting Cafe this time!
Good luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Sarah said...

What a great card Sammy. I really like the texture that you have added...good job!! xx

Kathleen said...

Great card, fab image and lovely colouring.

Kath x

Unknown said...

great card Sam, love the shades you have used, lou x

Darnell said...

What a lush card, Sammy! I love the rustic tones from the burlap paired with the feminine feel of the lilacs - my favorite flower!!

cotnob said...

This is a gorgeous card Sammy, such a beautiful image, those colours are fabulous together and I love the rustic feel you have created.
Pauline
x

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

perfectly4med said...

A gorgeous card - love the combination of colours and textures :)

Thanks for joining us at the Crafting Cafe and good luck!

Neil