Followers

Wednesday 30 October 2013

Crafting with Dragonflies challenge #14

Hello all,

I'm scheduling this post and fingers crossed it will do as it's told...

It's time for the next challenge at Crafting with Dragonflies, and this fortnight we'd like you to make your own flower embellishments!

Our  sponsor is

And they will provide the winner with two digis of their choice.


I have to admit I found this one tricky... I ended up making three cards before I settled on this one. However, it's an incentive, as I am now determined to learn how to make lots of different flowers!

Anyway, here is my card


The petals were cut from pearlised card and arranged with the image on top to hide the joins. I fancied doing a black and white, but wanted a pop of colour too, so out came the turquoise Promarker. The ribbon and card candi were both coloured with the same pen.

Recipe:

Image - "Present Trio" - LOTV
Medium - Promarkers
Paper - Brocade paperstack - Make and Create
Card Candi
Black and white card, ribbon from stash
Sentiment - Jayne Nestorenko

Now it's your turn! Make us some flowers. They don't have to end up on a card (in fact, I just remembered seeing a pin with a tutorial for gorgeous huge tissue paper flowers... must go dig that out and give it a try!), unless you want them to. mostly, I just want to see what you all come up with so I can steal your ideas appreciate your creativeness!
Don't forget to check out the rest of the Dragonfly DT team's creations. Trust me, there's some beauties.

Much love,

Sammy-x
(who should, all things going according to plan, be fast asleep in bed as it's the wee hours of the morning!)

13 comments:

happyglitzygirl said...

You did well, the post went live when you were still sleeping, lol.. great card and lovely flower and nice choice of colours, blessings Hilde

~ Barb said...

I'm glad you stuck with this one, I think your image is cute, cute, cute and I really like the pearlised paper!
{Hugs} Barb

Ina G said...

Love the colours you chose. Lovely paper pretty flower background paper and such a cute teddy.

Julie Lee said...

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. I love the colour combo of black and turquoise on your card and those lovely petals. Have a great WOYWW! Julie Ann xx #20

Unknown said...

Hi Sammy, thanks for your lovely words and for joining my blog, I love making my own flowers so may just join this challenge...Your card is just gorgeous with the Pearl paper and flower and the gorgeous LOTV stamp in the center... Would love to keep in touch and have in return joined your blog...please feel welcome to join my candy and I have them so far every month this year...

cheers, from aNNie xx

judith@poppy cottage said...

Great card layout Sammy, the colour combo is fab, and your central flower is a great design. Hugs, Judith xx

Unknown said...

Love your card super colours and detail hugs txx

cotnob said...

This is fabulous Sammy, adorable image and lovely colours.
Pauline
x

Unknown said...

Lovely work Sammy. Love those colours, Lou x

Susan Hogan said...

It's never stealing - its being inspired. I really like your flower and the centre image is so sweet. That use of colour too is so clever - not swamping the card.

Wynn said...

I love the simplicity of your card Sammy. That image is so cute too.
Hugs Wynn x

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

Oh how I do love this!!! I have that stamp and it is one of my FAVORITES!!!

kel Acopan said...

i love the colors you used on this card! great job!

lovies, =o) kel