Followers

Tuesday 22 October 2013

Final batch of LOTV for mum!

And here is an example of the last batch of LOTV Christmas cards I made for my mum. All I need to do now is make a box to put them all in (six each of three designs), and off they go to Scotland (and from there, probably all over the world! lol). I really hope she'll like them!


Again, I tried to keep it nice and flat for ease of posting. I have to admit I love this stamp, and I'm really pleased with how the pears came out. Although the partridge is a little hard to spot!
The sentiment was originally stamped in black, but I thought it was a little too harsh, so I re-stamped with weathered wood distress ink, as I'd used that to ink the image panel, and that seemed to work a lot better.

And now that I'm done making cards for mother, I can get cracking with my own again, as I'm already rather behind!

Recipe:

Image - "Partridge in a pear tree" - LOTV
Medium - Promarkers & distress ink
Paper - "Winter Wishes" - LOTV
Sentiment - "Christmas Grungy Messages" - LOTV
Dies - Sizzix "Snowflakes 2"
White and kraft card, ribbon and gems from stash.


I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Bunny Zoe Crafts - Ribbon
Crafting Musketeers - Christmas in October
Penny black and more - Anything goes
Polkadoodles - Christmas is coming
Crimbo crackers - Christmas birds
CHNC challenge Extra October


Hope you're all having a fabulous day,

Sammy-x

13 comments:

cotnob said...

This is another fabulous Christmas card Sammy, your mum is going to be so pleased with them all.
Pauline
x

Sarah said...

Great card Sammy and I'm sure Mum will be very impressed

Karon said...

Great card. Love the pear tree! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles this week. Karon, DT Polka Doodles.

Mervi said...

Fabulous card, so stylish colour combo, love it.
Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and More Challenge, welcome again;-))m

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Sammy I like the pear tree and the snowflakes
Kevin xx

Kathleen said...

Great card, love the image and the colours, does look great the semtiment in that colour.

Kath x

I'm a Little Teapot said...

I really like this card. Love the image (and I did spot the partridge...so sweet). your decision to not make the sentiment black really accentuates the beautiful colors you used on the card! Your mom will love the card!!

Thanks for sharing at Crafting Musketeers!

Unknown said...

Great card love the image thank you for sharing it with us at crafting musketeers and good luck

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely card for our 'Christmas in October' challenge at Crafting Musketeers, Hazel, DT - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for October - I'd love to see it there too. x

Hazel said...

Thanks for adding for CHNC challenge extra for October - hope to see you again soon. x

Fran said...

Great card, thank you for joining us over at the Crafting Musketeers Challenge Blog, Fran (DT) xxx

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

Beautiful card, love your colour choices. Thanks for playing at Bunny Zoe's Crafts.

Anonymous said...

It's a lovely image and a beautiful holiday card! I love the dimensional snowflakes and the pretty papers. Thank you so much for playing along with us this month at penny black and more.
Linda