Followers

Friday 25 April 2014

Travel - CraftyHands DT

Good morning all!

It's time for another new challenge at CraftyHands today, and it's another theme I'm really fond of (it's certainly been a week for them!), Travel.

The starting point for my card was easy, as I'dfound a couple of decks of playing cards in a local charity shop some time ago, the backs of which had lovely vintage balloon images on. I absolutely had to buy them, with crafting in mind, naturally, especially as the packs were as yet unopened, and therefore in pristine condition! I've been wanting to use them on something for ages, but hadn't gotten around to it yet, so I was very glad for the excuse to do so now.
I decided on one of the two designs for my card topper.
I then dug around in my stash for some travel themed papers, and found some that I thought complemented the image in a pack from Crafty Bitz.
I still wasn't 100% happy though, so I did a little extra stamping on them with some of the Bon Voyage stamps from Docrafts, and also cut the sentiment from the accompanying paper pack.
I used Kraft card as a mat, and finally added two small buttons as simple embellishments to finish it off.


And there it is. One travel themed card.

(Just for a laugh, I thought I'd do a search for the cards online, and it looks like I missed a trick... Turns out they are a vintage set, and I could probably have made quite a bit more than the 50p I paid for them had I tried to sell them... This link is for an earlier ebay auction for a used set. I wonder how much they would have gone for before I opened it all up! lol)

Anyways, enough babble from me. It's time for you to go take a peek at the other DT creations, and then come and join in the fun. You know you want to! And of course, as always there is a prize...


Hope you all have a great day!

Sammy-x

13 comments:

Donna Mosley said...

WOW! this is a stunner Sammy, what a wonderful find.

Donna x

Crafty Judith said...

Fabulous project Sammy hugs Judith xxx

Sarah said...

What a great find Sammy and it looks great on your card too xx

Irish Cherokee said...

Vintage style travel cards are it. Love that you use old map and bolloon images. Special to say the least.

Desire Fourie said...

Sammy this is a wonderful masculine design and I love the travel theme.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Cindy van Oorschot said...

This is a great travel card, love the balloon, and the collage look.
Cindy

Cindy van Oorschot said...

This is a great travel card, love the balloon, and the collage look.
Cindy

Sandra Wright. said...

Fantastic card Sammy,so love the vintage twist on the theme, designed to perfection as always xxx

Sue said...

What a fab card Sammy and what a great find! lots of huggles Sue xx

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Beautiful design and amazing coloring. Lovely card! Thanks for visiting and leaving the sweet luv.
Hugs
Berni
berni46blogspot.

Unknown said...

Wow Sammy this is stunning.

Love it.

Hugs

Jo xx

Bridie said...

I love that image and those papers set it off beautifully

Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog

Have a lovely day.

Hugs

Bridie@BGPayne Crafts

Unknown said...

This has got an Indiana Jones feel to it - I can hear that music they play when he is travelling! love the colours and feel of this card xx