Followers

Tuesday 29 April 2014

Use a CD - Crafting with Dragonflies DT

Good morning all!

And here we are again, another new Crafting with Dragonflies challenge. This fortnight we have something a little different for you... We're challenging you to use a CD, either as the card itself, or on the card as decoration.

I have to admit this challenge had me stumped for some time, until I decided to paper the CD, and use it as a layer on this easel card:




I used a lovely rose digi from our sponsor QKR, and chose the LOTV "always and forever" papers to accompany it.
I added some corners cut with a die-namics die, and the sentiment is a Spellbinders die.


I scaled down and printed the rose a second time, as decoration for the bottom half, and finished off with some lovely Hobby House pearls.




Well, that's one way of using a CD, but there's so very many more. I strongly suggest you go take a peek at what the rest of the Dragonflies have thought up too!
And of course, we'd love it if you joined in.

Have a fabulous day!

Sammy-x

10 comments:

Irish Cherokee said...

Very clever Sammy. Great use for an old CD. Beautifully done.

Susan Hogan said...

Love your rose card Sammy - beautiful. This challenge had me stumped for a while too!

Marianne's Craftroom said...

So pretty and such gorgeous colours. Great use of an old CD

Sarah said...

Now there's food for thought!! Great idea and beautifully done xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is really beautiful Sammy I love the roses.
Kevin xx

Wynn said...

A beautiful card Sammy. Roses always do it for me. It's certainly been a challenging challenge!! Hugs Wynn x

Wynn said...

A beautiful card Sammy. Roses always do it for me. It's certainly been a challenging challenge!! Hugs Wynn x

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card Sammy, such an original way to use a CD!
Pauline
x

Crafty Judith said...

Gorgeous love love love love it hu hugs Judith xxx

scrappymo! said...

Looks lovely. That rose is really pretty!