Followers

Thursday 1 September 2016

September challenge - Rhedd's Creative Spirit

And hello again ladies and gents,

The first of the month means two new altered art challenges, and I'm back again to show you my DT project for Rhedd's Creative Spirit.

I recently got my hands on a pack of Sharpies, and naturally needed something to store them in when I got them home. A quick bit of research told me that they're best stored with the tip facing downwards, so I needed a pen-pot type container, rather than a box or bag.

As it turned out, a beer bottle container was the exact perfect diameter to store all of my pens comfortably, while still leaving space to actually get the pens out!

So I went from this:


To this:



I couldn't resist using some crazing Distress Collage medium on my butterfly. It adds a lovely bit of detail, without being overpowering.


I found some gold beading wire (again a left-over from an old hobby!), which I thought added  nice accent that complements the greens, blues and hints of gold used to colour the tub.



And that's my Sharpie tub! Useful, and looks so pretty sitting on my desk.

I hope you'll come and play along with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month.

Have a fantabulous day,

Sammy-x

9 comments:

Chris said...

Wow, what a transformation! Your pen pot looks gorgeous Sammy.
x

Valerija said...

Wow, this is awesome! Great recycling.
Valerija xx

Jane Savage said...

Brilliant! Need to make me one of these (or YOU do lol) xxx

Sarah said...

...what Jane said!! I really love the colour Sammy and the butterfly looks amazing xx

cotnob said...

Wow! This is brilliant, what a transformation.
Pauline
x
My Personal Blog: Crafting with Cotnob

SewPaperPaint said...

This is so so cool!!! Never has a jar of sharpies looked more amazing! Hugs, Autumn

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Beautiful transformation and so very useful - l love it sweetie xx

Sandra Wright. said...

Why don't I come up with creations like this...must make a note because your pot is fantastic...and I love the colour too..green is my favourite colour..xx

Kat W said...

A brilliant transformation and your new pen pot looks totally gorgeous, it looks like it's made of beaten metal - amazing!
I was interested in the beer pot too though because Dr. Hubby and I are real ale fans and yes, I'm pretty sure we've tried that one! Not in a fab container though so no pen pot for me :-(
Big hugs, Kat xx