Followers

Thursday 1 September 2016

September challenge - Altered eclectics

Morning all,

I can't believe it's September already!

But here it is, and I have my design team project for Altered Eclectics to show you.

I went with something completely different... a fairy door!


And I love it when hobbies collide! Before I started cardmaking, and from there doing other projects, I used to paint miniatures (Games Workshop mostly). As part of making the miniatures look nice, I used to use green flock on the bases to simulate grass. As you can see, I have used some of that flock (which is over 15 years old!!) here to ground my fairy door on a patch of grass.

This was rather fun to do. must keep my eyes open for a fairy to put inside now.

I hope you'll come and play along with us at Altered Eclectics!

Back in two with another post!

Sammy-x

10 comments:

Chris said...

A completely delightful project, so pretty!
x

Jane Savage said...

Wow that is just amazing, Sammy! If you knock does a fairy come out in her slippers?? :) xxx

Unknown said...

Aww this is too cute!! Such a fab project!
Lucy x

Sarah said...

This is so cute Sammy xx

cotnob said...

A fabulous fairy door Sammy, I love the crackle effect and pretty embellishments.
Pauline
x
My Personal Blog: Crafting with Cotnob

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

So very cute and I would never have thought of using green flock for the grass. Beautiful xx

Sandra Wright. said...

I am loving your door..I have one similar and couldn't tell you where it is in my craft room...lol.
Love what you have done with your door...the crackle looks great and so do those little toadstools...x

Kat W said...

Squeeeeee! This is unbelievably cute and oh so beautifully created with all the delicate details. I adore it!
Big hugs, Kat xx

Jane Royston said...

A really gorgeous project! Love the crackle on the door, Jane :) X

Chana Malkah said...

I love this! Such a whimsical fun design! Beautifully crafted!
Hugz,
Chana, DT
Altered Eclectics