Followers

Thursday 5 June 2014

For dad/special male - MilkCoffee DT

And another good morning to you all. You know, one of these days I'll start a post with "good evening", just to throw you all, lol.

I have a very special card to share with you all today. It's for the new challenge over at MilkCoffee, for which the theme is For Dad/Special Male. And for this card, I worked together with my very own, very special guest designer!

Most of you will know by now that my daughter dabbles in card making and other art too. But until now, my son's artistic talents have been somewhat illusive...

Well, the other day I had just printed out the adorable "I want to be like daddy" digi to use for this DT card, when Sean came up to me and told me he loved the picture and please could he colour it! I'd chosen this digi especially, because Sean really is just like his dad. We're always saying Sean's his "Mini Me", lol.
Now, Sean is 11 and has Aspergers, and although he often draws, colouring is usually limited to a few quick scribbles of colour (think average 4-year-old), as he never has the patience to colour carefully, never mind between the lines!
But I let him have the image, thinking if necessary I could always print another. We went through my papers and he chose a few nice ones that daddy would like, and he set to colouring to match. And I was so impressed with the result! He even did some shading!


Now is that brilliant, or what!?
Mum did all the cutting and sticking (happily, he has a phobia for sharp knives. This gives me peace of mind for now, lol), but the colouring and everything else was Sean. And I'm so proud!

Naturally, this card will be presented to daddy next week, and I am absolutely certain he is going to love it!

So there we go, it simply had to be my DT card for this week's challenge, and I hope you'll all go check out the rest of the DT's work too. And of course come and play along!

Have a most excellent day!

Sammy-x

6 comments:

Sue said...

Oh wow Sammy!! this is absolutely brilliant hasn't he done well!!! huggles Sue xx

Pia S said...

I would never have thought this card was made by a 11 year old! I'm impressed, and regardless of his age I say this is a fantastic male card!

Dawn said...

Oh Sammy, that's just too sweet! The card is just brilliant & I'm sure it will be treasured for many years, hearing the story!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Lynne in NI said...

Oh WOW! That card definitely sounds like it will be treasured!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! This is such a pretty card!

Lozzy said...

Oh WOW Sammy what a beautiful post and card. Absolutely amazing colouring by Sean, like you say you all so proud of what Sean had done. Stunning..Hugs Lozzy xx
have a great weekend and hoping the teeth problem has eased a bit x