Followers

Monday 4 March 2019

Crafting with Hunkydory

Hello all,

A bit of a change of pace today, as I'm not here with a DT post for a change!

I was contacted recently by Hunkydory, and asked if I was willing to review some of their products. I must admit, they had fallen off my radar of late, as I always thought of them as I had gotten to know them : Gorgeous toppers and matching papers, great for people who don't enjoy stamping and colouring. But of course, I do enjoy stamping and colouring. Very much so, in fact.

So imagine my absolute joy when I discovered they also do stamps!!!

The very first thing to catch my eye was the Just my Type set, which is simply perfect for our family full of writers.


First of all, can I just take a moment to extol the virtues of the "happy birthday" sentiment in this set? I usually make cards that are either 14x 14cm, or A6 in size, and they don't often leave space for a long sentiment. The only other smaller ones I have are cheap magazine freebies that stamp horribly.
this one stamps perfectly first time, every time! And it's a perfect, compact size.
Honestly, this set is worth it for that stamp alone!

Anyway, I made a set of quick CAS cards to see how well these stamps actually stamped.




Pretty cool, no? They all stamp lovely and crisp, especially for clear stamps. I love this set!

I also took a peek at how well the sentiments emboss, and that came out very well too. I had a piece of painted card handy, and embossed with white, which I find often leaves sentiments blurry. Not so with this one.




The next item that caught my eye, was the Bon Voyage stamp set.



Anyone who has followed my blog knows I have a weakness for anything with a travel theme, and you'll probably also remember my disappointment with a statue of Liberty stamp I bought a while ago. I loved the idea of the stamp though, so when I saw it included in this set, it was a no-brainer.

I decided to make a similar tag to the one I'd made before, just to see how it compared.


The difference when stamping was incredible. A perfect, crisp image first time. (The inability to fussy-cut her crown properly is all mine! lol) I guess if I'd have had a choice, I'd have liked the stamp itself to be a little bigger, but that's just personal preference. I also used one of the sentiments to stamp inside the pathway sign in the top left.

And of course it's probably illegal to not use an Eiffel tower stamp as soon as possible, right?


I figured it would look lovely stamped in brown, and used double sided foam tape to mount it on the gorgeous paper, which brings me to my final two products...

The Antique Chic Craft Stack, and the Perfect Paradise Luxury Foiled Acetate. Because you all know how I feel about pretty paper, and pretty paper with a vintage twist is even better!




The craft stack is gorgeous. Aside from some really lovely papers, it has several pages of the high quality toppers, die-cut elements and matching sentiments we've come to expect from Hunkydory. But my favourite part? 2 pages of gorgeous die-cut parchment images. I love them. Love, love, love.

Anyways, Papers + toppers + ephemera can only mean one thing to me. Mini album!


For the cover I used one of the beautiful foiled papers, and decorated with a topper, parchment ephemera and some bits from my stash.

On the inside I wanted to keep it simple, so used the same simple layout on each page, using gold mirri card to mat the pockets to go with the gold foil in the papers and topper. I then added one of the die-cuts from the pack onto each pocket.
I also cut a piece of acetate to size, and added it as an extra page. The sheets come in gorgeous designs, with gold on one side, and silver on the reverse. They also cut cleanly without tearing. You really need to see this in person to appreciate it properly, but I absolutely LOVE it!






And lastly, the left-over strips of paper make excellent bookmarks! especially when combined with vellum die-cuts.



So there you have it. Lots of pretty products, and lots of crafting fun for me. I'm really happy to have re-discovered Hunkydory, and that birthday sentiment stamp I mentioned is already my go-to!

Have a fantabulous week everyone!

Sammy-x

Disclaimer: Though I was given these products in return for a review, this in no way influenced my opinion of them.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Hey Sammy, you've created some fabulous cards and projects with these products, love those gorgeous CAS cards, your tag and mini album are beautiful! I enjoyed reading your review too. Like you I don't really use toppers so don't tend to look at Hunkydory products very often, though I do have a couple of their DP pads , which are great. Will have to have another look now!
xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Oh I LOVE this Sammy! I have a couple of those sets. I must ink them up as they are FABULOUS! Gorgeous creations hun, all of them! I love your CAS ones with the writing set, but I must confess the ones you've created with the travel set are fabulous! I do recall your disappointment with the previous SOL stamp, but what a win to have such a crisp image with this set. They do stamp beautifully, all the ones I've used so far have been fabulous. Hugs, Wends xoxo