Followers

Sunday 1 May 2016

May challenge - Altered Eclectics

Good morning bloggaroos!

May. At least I think it is. Easy to get confused with all the snow outside! lol.

The may challenge is now happening over at Altered Eclectics, and I decided to alter a burlap panel for the occasion.

I love these panels, because they have a wooden frame, including a piece behind the main burlap front, so it's really sturdy and has a lot less give than a canvas.



I played with lots of dies and metal embellishments, and even a carousel charm I rescued from a broken necklace that appeared at work.

I do love these butterflies... They came in a pack of six, and I'm down to my last one now!
The bottle of vie (that's life for those who are French-challenged) is all purtyfied (that's not French, I just made that up) with crackle accents and a cork stopper!


I can't get the pictures to show the angel wings properly... In person they look quite different, and shimmer beautifully. I have this hanging on the wall above my desk now, next to the previous panel I made.

That's my make for Altered Eclectics. Hope you'll swing by and check out the other inspiration lined up for you, and I'll be back in a minute with another post!

Sammy-x

4 comments:

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Sammy this is fabulous all those scrummy textures, just want to reach out and touchy feely it xx

Sandra Wright. said...

Oh,I so love this Sammy...loving all the elements...and those wings are gorgeous...xx

Jane Royston said...

Fabulous! I love all the different elements and textures, Jane :) x

SewPaperPaint said...

You are so talented working with this color scheme! This is out of this world cool! Great look with the geometric collage and the organic look of the wings! Beautiful blend. Hugs, Autumn