Followers

Monday 18 November 2013

A very special card...

Hi all,

I've figured out that probably about 95% of the cards I make, I make just for the fun of it. Only 5% are actually made with a specific person in mind. So naturally when a card is made for someone in particular, it becomes that much more special. Especially when that someone is my youngest, who is going to be 11 on Thursday! I honestly don't know where the years have gone!

So, a card for my son. One of those must contain 2 things. First one or more bears. When he was 4 years old, he had so much fun playing "goldilocks and the three bears" with us one day, that he insisted on being called "Baby Bear" ever since. It stuck. My baby bear has Aspergers. This means he can get pretty obsessive about things, and bears are an example of that. He started collecting teddies a few years ago, and has over 100 of them now! He is also, despite being almost 11, really big on cuddles. I personally think this is a great thing! lol.
The second thing the card must have is the colour blue. Preferably light blue. It is his favourite colour, and another thing he can get very obsessive about. (They learnt the hard way at school that it was probably best to let him be on the blue team on sports days! lol)

Anyways, The other day I won a digi over at Beccy's Place and I knew immediately which one it would have to be!


And there we go. A card for my baby bear. (Excuse the rubbish handwriting on my part, lol)  I hope he likes it!

Recipe:

Image - "Beary Loving" - Beccy's Place
Medium - Promarkers
Papers - "Bear necessities" - LOTV
Sentiment - Part of the "handwritten phrases" - LOTV
Dies: Sizzix Framelits "stars"
Washi Tape - Dovecraft "Cupcake Boutique"
White and kraft card and buttons from stash.


I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

613 Avenue - Anything goes - World peace day  (Can't get more "peaceful" than a lovely hug!)
Paper Creator - Birthday
Moving along with the times - Furry friends
Cards Galore - Animals

Hope you're all having an awesomesauce day!

Sammy-x

15 comments:

Chana Malkah said...

Beautiful work, Sammy! It is hard to believe that you have been creating cards less than two years. You must be a natural artist. Wonderful composition and great balance in this design! The color integration is perfect and your spot colors are so complementary! Beautiful coloring of the image, those eyes are awesome! Thanks for dropping this off by our house here at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

Desire Fourie said...

This is just precious. Love the star with the button.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Sarah said...

It's a fab card Sammy and he will LOVE it!! xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Sammy, I like the adorable image the papers and the buttons
Kevin xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is so sweet, what a cute card, Im sure your Baby Bear will love it, Hope he has a super birthday. Thanks for playing with us on MAWTT, Love Hazelxox

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card Sammy, a wonderful bear image and I love the blue and Kraft combination - your son will love it.
Pauline
x

Sue said...

A stunning and very special card Sammy. The image is just delightful and colours so beautifully. I love the papers and buttons too.
I hope your son has a wonderful Birthday on Thursday.
Sue xx

Kathleen said...

Great card, fabulous colours.
I am sure he will love it.

Kath x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Aww bless him, what an adorable card, sure he will love it especially as it has his fave things including a lovely cuddle x

Lozzy said...

What a beautiful post and card Sammy, your son will love it. Gorgeous colours and you have coloured the bears beautifully. Big Happy Birthday for your son on Thursday and the best thing lots of cuddles...Hugs Lozzy xx

Unknown said...

Great choice too Sammy, I used this one when I was on the DT for Beccy and loved it...I made a bear card shape as well...xx

Zoe said...

Aww! Such a beautiful card for your Son, thank you for sharing with us at Crafts Galore, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

Lau W said...

Solovely card, adorable !
Thanks for joining us at the Paper Creator challenge !
xx

Kat W said...

I think this is one of the best things about making cards - being able to create something really special and personalised. I bet your son is just going to love this gorgeous card :-) The soft blue colours are lovely and work great with the sweet image.
Big hugs, Kat xx

Sandy said...

A fabulous card for your son. Great image and lovely papers too.
Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create this week.
Hugs,
Sandy