Followers

Tuesday 24 May 2016

Mixed media altered coaster

Hi all,

So I was browsing Blogger the other day (when I should really have been doing other things) and came across the reminder for the challenge at Unstampabelles. I used to be rather scared of playing along there, but since I've gotten into mixed media and altered art more, not using stamps has become a little easier. So I figured I'd take a break from all the "must do"s and sit down to do a "want to" instead.

The theme is "creative upcycling", so I decided I'd do another altered coaster for my little book. If you missed them, the other ones I made for this month's Rhedd's Creative Spirit challenge are here.

The twist for this month's Unstampabelles challenge was to use something I've had in my craft room for a year or more. in this case that would be the photobooth picture, the papers, the Hessian and the button! And I guess the staples too! (and the texture paste, and the Gesso, and... lol!)


But I did use some newer items too! Like the Distress Crayons I used for the colour, and the collage medium I used to give it all a uniform look (I am very much in love with both of these products!)

In other news, the appointment for the pain in my hands that they cancelled last month has been rescheduled for tomorrow (only been waiting since October!), so hopefully that will shed some light on things.

Hope you all have a most fantabulous day!

Sammy-x

8 comments:

Sarah said...

This is really lovely Sammy, the colours really appeal to me and the textures are fantastic. Hope you get some answers from your Consultant xx

Sue said...

Love this Sammy I love the colours you have used I'm having a dabble with mixed media as well LOL in a couple of weeks so I might put it on my blog hahaha...and agree with Sarah hope you get some answers huggles Sue xxxxxxxx

cotnob said...

This is fabulous Sammy, a lovely vintage feel.
Pauline
x

Donna Mosley said...

Great make Sammy, love the colours.

Jane Savage said...

This is wonderful, Sammy! Great colours and texture! Very inspirational!
Good luck with your appointment, hope things can get sorted for you now! xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful. Lovely creation and gorgeous colours xxx{aNNie}

Wynn said...

Wow Sammy long time no see lol!!! Great that you are joining in the challenges at Unstampabelles. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did looking at your project. Hugs Wynn DT xx

Susan Hogan said...

Amazing and beautiful Sammi - just my style too! Thanks for sharing this with us at Unstampabelles.