Followers

Friday 17 October 2014

Nevermore...

I'm definitely on a roll! Yesterday I was scrolling through my blog feed when I hit upon the current challenge at Quoth the Raven, Nevermore, which is Tags.
For those that aren't familiar with this blog, it features challenges that are all related to Edgar Allen Poe.
So, a "Poe" tag? Well, it just so happened that the Inkadinkado stamp set I had ordered arrived yesterday, which featured a raven in a cage. perfect!

I decided  I'd like to use a grey/blue/brown kind of colour scheme, so got my distress inks out and had some fun.

This was the result:


I used my Visible Image harlequin background stamp, and an ink splat from Kaiserkraft. I stamped the birdcage twice, once directly onto the tag, and once on a separate piece of card so I could layer it up.
On the second one, I removed the stamped ring at the top and replaced it with a small brass ring instead.
Finally I die-cut the letters to spell "Nevermore" and added some ribbon.

Close-up of the ring:



And there it is. My Poe-inspired tag!

I just love that I'm finding so much inspiration out there at the moment. So many challenges are making my brain explode with ideas, but I don't have time to act on them all, so for now just have to go with the ones that shout loudest, lol.

That's it from me for today, but I'll be back in the morning with my Sweet Stampin' DT piece... I've been chomping at the bit to share this with you all, so can't wait!

Have a fantastic day!

Sammy-x

5 comments:

ike said...

FABULOUS !! This is wonderfully creative and I really like the addition of the ring. Great die cut letters - what set have you got ????
Thank you for playing along at QUOTH THE RAVEN and we hope to see you again :-D

IKE xx
My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog

Irish Cherokee said...

Love your creativity. The tag represents Poe perfectly. Excellent! - Jim

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow this is fab, never heard of that challenge

Susan Hogan said...

Love your tag - very dark! Like Poe.

blackdragon said...

This is a gorgeous tag.... I adore that stamp...a raven in a cage... wonderful!
Beautiful work... Thank you for joining us at QUOTH THE RAVEN this month .BDx