Followers

Saturday 4 October 2014

Autumn - Sweet Stampin' DT

Good morning all,

It's Autumn over at Sweet Stampin' this week!

I'd finally managed to get my hands on a Prima doll recently, and was itching to use it. I also really wanted to use a lovely Paris background that I've had in my stash for ages. Now technically, neither of those really scream "autumn", but seeing as how the Paris stamp had trees, I had the idea of colouring them in autumn colours, and hey presto!

This was the result:


As the image itself is so busy, I decided the rest of the card should be quite CAS, so some simple matting and layering and a big silky red bow with only one DP.
The card looks a little brighter than it does in real life, and there seems to be almost no colour on the buildings! One of these days I'll find the perfect way to take these pictures, lol.

Now I'm sure you'll all want to visit the rest of the Sweeties, and then come join in yourselves, as there's a £10 Bunny Zoe voucher to be won!

Have a great weekend, and if you happen to be going to the Harrogate fair on Sunday, keep your eyes peeled for a pink and black plaid hat (my daughter!) and come say howdy!

In the meantime I think I shall play along at the Allsorts challenge blog, where they also have an autumn theme!

Sammy-x

19 comments:

Sarah said...

Love it Sammy, what a brilliant interpretation. Have fun on Sunday!! xx

brenda said...

Lush Autumnal colours Sammy and great card,

Hope you have a good weekend.

B x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Sammy, I love the image and wonderful colours.
Sue xx

downrightcrafty said...

beautiful image and love the big bow
hugs Kate xx

cotnob said...

This is such a striking card Sammy, the perfect design for your fabulous image.
Pauline
x

Tracey T said...

Very clever idea, Sammy. Fabulous colours, too. xx

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous love the image and colours!
Lucy x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Happy World Card Making Day Sammy, This is beautiful I love the image and the colours
Kevin xx

mixamatoasties said...

I think it works really well Sammy. A lovely card.

Susan x

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow Sammy this is just stunning. Love how you have coloured the scene leaving the buildings uncoloured. Happy World Cardmaking Day 2014!
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Chris said...

Love this one!
Chris
x

Christine L said...

Woww.... Fabulous! Love the scene and the lush red ribbon!

Hugs
Christine x

Jacee said...

Great card Sammy, fab image.
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

An Occasional Genius said...

This is beautiful Sammy & definitely has an Autumn feel to it. If you work out the photograph isuue...let me know too! Have a great day tomorrow xx

Sue said...

Fab autumn colours Sammy huggles Sue xxx

Irish Cherokee said...

Excellent Sammy. Great card. - Jim

Sandra Wright. said...

Striking card Sammy...x

Jo Channon said...

This is such an eye-actching card Sammy perfect for the Allsorts Challenge this week. Thankyou for joining in Jo x

Craftnut said...

Thanks for joining us at Allsorts Tracy x