Followers

Friday 1 February 2019

February challenge - Altered Eclectics

Aaaaand we're back!

After an extra long 2-month challenge, it's finally time for a brand new challenge over at Altered Eclectics, and this month I have been playing with a canvas, and did a Finnabair style portrait.

The face was drawn by my lovely daughter, and I added the rest.


I love this kind of technique, because you can take all those bits and pieces you don't know what to do with, or are the wrong colour, or just plain ugly, and turn them into something prettiful!


Case in point: The large gemstone/diamond looking embellishment just to the right of the big flower below. I got a whole packet of them in a craft box a couple of years ago, and I really thought they were awful. They were really tacky-looking plastic things in not very nice colours, and they'd been taking up space in my craft stash for too long. But on this project it doesn't look out of place at all!
After all the paints and waxes are added, you get a lovely uniform look, that can hide even the most (formerly) ugly embellishments!


Why not give it a go? Dig out some of those pieces you've been hanging on to, even though you don't really like them much, and transform them into something beautiful. Please do come and share it with us when you're done though!

Back in just a minute with my next project!

Sammy-x

2 comments:

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Hey you - such a beautiful canvas. So creative hun love it x

hazel said...

Your canvas is wonderful, I love it.
xxx Hazel.