Followers

Friday 13 July 2018

Twofer...

Morning all,

What? A post from me that's not DT related? Yes, you're not seeing things. Or, I should say, maybe you're seeing double.
You see, I discovered that the fabulous Darnell has started a challenge blog, called Twofer Card Challenge, and I just had to play along!

The idea is that you make two cards, using the same stamp or die, with different designs and for different occasions. There's a new theme every month, and this month it's Beverage.

This theme was most serendipitous, as I'd just picked up a couple of craft magazines that came with a variety of alcohol-related stamps, dies and embossing folders, so I figured I'd have a play!

This is what I came up with:


I settled on one celebration card, made using distress inks and four of the stamps I just acquired.
The second card is a friendship card, which features the same champagne bottle (as well as a few others) and the wine glass stamp, but has a more clean design.

I think Darnell would be proud, because apart from the Distress Inks and white base card, everything I used was NBUS! Even the green card I used to mat, which had been languishing in a box since I bought it last December...


I'm really excited to be playing along at the Twofer Card Challenge this month!


That's it from me for now. Hope you all have a fantabulous day!

Sammy-x


5 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Sammy these are so fun and creative. Great for the men in our lives too.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Susanne Vargas said...

So glad you discovered the Twofer Card Challenge! Both of your cards are fabulous! The background on the birthday card adds great interest and I love the collection of bottles and the sentiment on the second card! So fun!
Thank you for joining us at the Twofer!

Loll said...

Fantastic cards Sammy! I LOVE that splattered watercoloured background for your first card with the champagne bottle and glasses. Perfect sentiment. The second set is so fun with all the different bottle of spirits and those sweet glasses again. Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge!

Jane Willis said...

I see what you mean about buying the same magazines. What a coincidence that we ended up side by side in the gallery! Love what you've done with the stamps - I can see this set is going to get a LOT of use!

Darnell said...

I'm so glad you discovered Twofer, Sammy, and I appreciate the shoutout! I'm glad the magazine serendipity happened, too! Your two designs are sensational and well done using your NBUS! You did such a beautiful job with the blending and splattering on your celebration birthday card in my favorite colors! And well done masking your bottles for your party card! I am in love with that sediment! The older I get, the more I KNOW that's A Rule Of Life!! Thank you for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #7! Hugs, Darnell