Followers

Saturday 1 November 2014

November Challenge - Rhedd's Creative Spirit

And here we are again!

If you're looking for my Buckwell's Crafty Challenge or Sweet Stampin' DT posts, please scroll down.

Another month, another challenge over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit. You all know the drill by now... It's Anything Goes, as long as it's Altered Art.

This month, I decided to have a go at altering a canvas (a first for me). I am quite pleased with how it turned out... I'd been meaning to give it a go for so long, ever since I saw a gorgeous canvas over on Elaine's (Ellapu) blog. She was kind enough to email me some tips to get started, which definitely helped me on my way!


I used loads of embellishments, flowers and blooms, mostly in colours I didn't like much... Great way to use them up! And the sentiment stamp is one of the lovely LOTV ones.

I spent an absolute age mixing metallic purple paint with white until I had a colour I was happy with... I then coloured all my embellishments (and the canvas), barring the Melissa Frances corner, the heart stickpin and the lace, which I left white. The cheesecloth is part white, part purple. :-)
I added the sentiment panel, and dotted liquid pearls, in an almost identical shade to the paint, all around.

It's something new and different for me (and I just love trying something new), and I found it to be so much fun!

Now, if you go take a peek at what my fellow teamies have been up to, you'll not be disappointed! And if you want to play along, there's this gorgeous prize up for grabs from Fernli designs:


Yummy, isn't it?

And that is finally it from me for today. Phew!

Hope you all have a spectacular weekend.

Sammy-x

12 comments:

Sandra Wright. said...

Fab canvas Sammy...love the sentiment too...I've not done a canvas for ages,must remedy now that yours has inspired me xx

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Absolutely gorgeous canvas! Love those flowers!

cotnob said...

Wow! This is a fabulous altered canvas Sammy, I love all of your wonderful flowers and such a gorgeous colour.
Pauline
x

Chris said...

This looks amazing Sammy! Beautiful flowers and the colour is gorgeous!
Chris
x

crafty creations said...

Sammy this is gorgeous - love the colour you created and the elements are perfect

Christine L said...

This is a fabulous altered canvas Sammy.. I LOVE the colour and the words.... and oooh to all those perfect flowers!

Hugs
Christine x

mixamatoasties said...

That's fab Sammy!

xx

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous flower arrangement.

Kath x

Jacee said...

What fantastic flowers Sammy, lovely work.
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Brawny x said...

Beautiful card Sammy. Pretty colour x

Carol said...

WOW FOR A FIRST CANVAS THIS IS STUNNING - Love all the embellies xx

Kat W said...

Wow, this was a busy blogging day for you and all your projects are lovely but you definitely pushed the boat out with this canvas - how beautiful :-)

Big hugs, Kat x