Followers

Tuesday 1 July 2014

July challenge - Rhedd's Creative Spirit

Good morning folks!

Would you believe it's the first of July already!? I have to admit that realisation of this fact has thrown me into a teensy bit of a panic, as I have a gazillion things to get done this month somehow, and I'm jumping from pillar to post trying to decide where to start!

I guess the July challenge at Rhedd's Creative Spirit is a good start, no?

As you'll all know by now, it's an "anything altered art goes" challenge, and this month I altered a wooden bottle carrier I chanced upon in a local charity shop recently. It was rather plain and boring looking... Like this:


But it had potential! So naturally, it needed to be played with. It wasn't quite tall enough for wine bottles, but then I figured it would be great for 35cl bottles of Whiskey. Which basically gave me the direction to go in, as my dad is somewhat of a whiskey lover, and it gave me a nice little project to work on for him.

So I started off with some map paper from DCWV and covered the front, back and sides, and then wrapped an awesome vintage bicycle ribbon I won at Crafty Ribbons around the handle. My dad used to race, so it seemed the perfect ribbon to use!



I used some complementary washi tape to cover up the joins in the paper and add a little interest, and paper-pieced a Papermania "dad" stamp, which I fussy-cut and attached to the front of the carrier with red mini pegs.



Naturally, it needed the whiskey too, to finish it all off! lol.

And there we have it. A fathers' day/birthday/whatever pressie for my dad. (We only see each other once or twice a year normally, so we just hand over pressies as and when, rather than on specific occasions. Saves a fortune on postage!). We should hopefully be going up to see my parents end July/beginning of Aug. so I'll be able to present him with it then :-)

Now then, my fellow teamies have created some utterly gorgeous items for you once again, and there is another fab prize up for grabs!


So what are you waiting for!?

Have a fantastic day everyone!

Sammy-x

7 comments:

Sandra Wright. said...

Your wine carrier is so cool, love that you altered it especially for your dad...xx

Irish Cherokee said...

Love the wine carrier. Your dad will love it. Too small for me though. It would need to carry a barrel. LOL. Cherokee doesn't like wine. Makes him crAzy.

aussie aNNie said...

Sammy this is just awesome. Thanks for letting me know yu are having comment issues and blogger as well...very annoying...it's only on some blogs then when I go back the comment is there...delayed reaction....
Your dad will love this and the booze, great creation.xx
♥aNNie
The Journey is the Start

Sarah said...

What a brilliant up "cycle" Sammy (sorry couldn't resist!!). Love the ribbon too, what a good idea xx

Sue said...

Love this Sammy! your Dad will love it huggles Sue xx

Susan Hogan said...

Bet that is a winner with your Dad! A great find and the best thing about that is he will give it back and you can use it again!!

Anonymous said...

Tis gorgeous, and a great gift.

Moira xx