Followers

Wednesday 1 August 2018

August challenge - Rhedd's Creative Spirit

Hello again,

Back with post number 2, to tell you about the new challenge over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit. As always, anything altered art goes, and the team have put together some fantastic projects for your inspiration.

For my project, I played with a couple of Tim Holtz Burlap panels. I couldn't make up my mind whether I wanted to do a seaside or vintage themed one, so I did both!




The sea themed panel was achieved with crackle paste, distress paints and a lighthouse napkin, and embellished with various suitable bits and pieces. I have to admit I'm hopelessly in love with the Tim Holtz Typography letters, and will probably have to stock up on them before I run out and find they've stopped selling them! lol.


Some Glossy Accents make the water look rather inviting...


I love how well the crackle paste and the paint come through the napkin, without hindering the actual image.


The vintage panel also uses crackle paste and Distress paints, as well as a Stamperia rice paper clock and a handful of suitable embellishments.

I really enjoyed making these!

I suggest you go check out what my fellow teamies have made, and I hope you'll come and play with us this month!

Have an awesomesauce day!

Sammy-x

5 comments:

Sandra Wright. said...

These burlap panels are awesome Sammy..love the crackle and how its worked with out distorting the images..of course my fav is the lighthouse..but I also love the clock too...xx

Lys said...

I love both! No need to choose, the crackle texture is perfect combinated to the burlap and the designs.

Judy McKay said...

Sammy - very special piece. Love the textures and the colours. Both projects are very beautiful. Judy

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Sammy these canvasses are so rustic! They are totally delightful. The sea canvas in particular grabbed me this morning...I'd love to be escaping there...right now.

Priya Satish said...

Lovely rustic canvases. The crackle effect has come out brilliant. - Priya Satish