Followers

Saturday 21 July 2018

Rough it up - Sweet Stampin'

Morning all,

It's new challenge time over at Sweet Stampin', and this week we're looking for you to rough it up, so we're looking for textured or distressed items.

It probably won't surprise anyone that I went the shabby chic route.


The wedding cake digi is from Splash Crafts, who I discovered while looking for a specific image for a commission. They have a pretty great selection of digis, and I recommend checking them out!

I added some roughness by distressing the edges of the paper and image panel, and added a little more texture with lace and shabby pink Frantage.
Some flowers, pearls and a Tim Holtz sentiment, et voila!

Now it's your turn to go take a peek at my fellow Sweeties' lovely work, and then play along with us too. just don't forget to use a stamp! (yes, digis are perfectly ok too)

All being well, I should currently be in Middlesborough on my way to a workshop with the adorable Autour de Mwa, courtesy of Art Workshops. It's going to be brilliant!

Have an awesomesauce weekend everyone!

Sammy-x

4 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Lovely shabby chic card. Enjoy your workshop

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

A lovely card! Very nice!!!

Darnell said...

You've created a beautiful wedding card to be cherished, Sammy! It looks just like my son and DIL's wedding cake except their color was turquoise! I hope your workshop was even more awesome than you expected!! Hugs, Darnell

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Gorgeous job on this distressed edge creation Sammy. It's shabby chic delish!! Love the lace, the pretty blooms, the whole shebang! A stunning wedding card hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo