Followers

Thursday 1 June 2017

June Challenge - Altered Eclectics

Morning all,

I can't believe it's June already! at least we've been having some gorgeous weather here in Leeds for a change, lol.

It's also new challenge day over at Altered Eclectics. I decided it was about time I corralled all my paintbrushes in one place, rather than having them scattered in several places, so I grabbed a pen pot blank from the MDF man, and made this:



The paint I used is actually bronze and quite shimmery, and the bits that look white are a sparkly blue pigment, but I had some trouble capturing that on camera.



The heart was die-cut from a piece of board, then painted and covered in crackle medium. I embedded the butterfly - which I had distressed previously - into the medium while it was still wet, so it appears to be coming out of the heart.
The "Create art" sentiment is Snipart, which I got from Craft Box.

That's it for my first post of the morning. I'll be back in a minute with the next. Don't forget to come and join us this month!

Sammy-x

4 comments:

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Sammy this is stunning. I need to do the very same thing ie tidying up my table lol...you have given some ideas - love it xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Awesome way to gather all the brushes together! Love your fab creation, the crackle finish on the heart is awesome and the 'create art' sentiment chippie is fabulous!! Love the rustic grunge feel of it all. Stunning hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Jane Royston said...

Love this Sammy! Especially like the colour tones and that heart is lovely :) x

Judy McKay said...

Very creative Sammy. Love your altered box. Judy