Followers

Thursday 1 February 2018

February challenge - Rhedd's Creative Spirit

Good morning everyone,

After a hiatus over the Christmas period, Rhedd's Creative Spirit is back with another altered art challenge this month.

I took one of my Craft Box boxes (after emptying all the goodies out of it first, naturally) and decorated it as a gift box for my mother.
These boxes are brilliant to use in this way. They're sturdy and have a magnetic closure in the lid, so can be opened and closed easily without damaging the box.


I used a gorgeous DCWV paper pad my mum gave me some years ago. She loves the paper in the pad, and I've made her several things using it, so made this to match.

I also used several Craft Box embellishments, and made some flowers using the Tim Holtz Tattered Floral dies.
It's hard to tell from the picture, but I edged everything with my Rustoleum gold leafing pen, which adds a lovely golden shine.


This is the box before:


I very much recommend them, especially since they arrive full of gorgeous crafty goodies to use ;)

Right, that's it from me, but do head over to Rhedd's to see what my fellow teamies have put together for you, and please do come and play along!

Back in a moment with my next project...

Sammy-x

3 comments:

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Super box to work with Sammy. Your did a great job with it. I love the idea that papers from your Mum are being returned to her as a keepsake.

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

This is gorgeous and I am sure your mum will absolutely adore it....I love it xx

Sandra Wright. said...

Love how you have recycled the box in to something so pretty and functional.
Sorry for the delay in visiting your blog Sammy..been helping my daughter pack and move..and in between that I had my birthday xx