Followers

Friday 1 December 2017

December Challenge - Rhedd's Creative Spirit

Hello again,

I'm back with the second challenge starting today... It is of course the December Challenge over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit, and this time I may actually have managed to put together something Christmas themed!


I started with a cheap frame from the pound shop (which cost, oddly enough, one pound), and grabbed some Christmas supplies and had fun!


I started by heat embossing a Christmas text stamp with gold embossing powder for the background, then embellished with a Marianne designs die (cut and layered several times for dimension) and a whole heap of embellishments from last year's December Craft Box. And a bauble rescued from the box of decorations!
The frame itself I textured, painted and roughly edged with a gold leafing pen.


Quite a change from this, isn't it?


So, that's what I did... How about you? I hope you'll come and share your makes with us at Rhedd's (just remember, no cards please!), and while you're at it, please do check out the lovely goodies the rest of the team made.

Have an awesomesauce weekend!

Sammy-x

4 comments:

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Wow this is beautiful hun. I love the pound shop too in fact went in there yesterday. And yes a great improvement on the plain frame. Love it xx

Rupa Swaminathan said...

Awesome transformation with the flavors of the season! This will make a beautiful display, Sammy.

Nora said...

Amazing home decor!!! I love it! Hugs, Nora.

Sandra Wright. said...

I love your shadow box Sammy..and yes,it is quite an alteration and a fabulous one too.So love that it is seasonal,fab reindeer..xx