Followers

Saturday 18 March 2017

Mother's day/Special lady - Sweet Stampin'

Hi all,

It's nearly mother's day here in the UK, and Sweet Stampin' has a theme this week to mark the occasion: Mother's day (or for a special lady).

My mother loves two things very much, Tigers and music. She plays several instruments, and I try to always incorporate a little something music themed into things I make for her.
This year I've gone for a super CAS black and white look...



I was so happy to find the Stamp N' Stor tiger stamp at Samuel Taylors, as I hadn't found a single tiger stamp until now. When I say my mum loves tigers, I mean she LOVES tigers. I'm not sure there's anywhere in her house you can look and not see them!

This was so very difficult for me to make, as I'm still not quite comfortable with CAS, and white space scares me! Still, I'm happy with the effect the washi tape gives - an extra little something, without taking too much attention away from the tiger.

Ok, your turn now! Come play with us at Sweet Stampin' this week, and don't forget to take a peek at what my fellow Sweeties have been up to.

Have a fantabulous weekend!

Sammy-x

4 comments:

Chris said...

Fantastic, love the design , the stamps and the originality!
Chris
x

Sarah said...

Sounds like your Mum is going to love it Sammy!! You have done a fab CAS design xx

cotnob said...

A super card Sammy, such a fabulous CAS design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

I just love how personalised this is for your mama Sammy! I bet she utterly loves it!! The monochrome design is striking and fabulous. Gorgeous creation. Hugs, Wends xoxo