Followers

Tuesday 6 September 2016

More shabby

Ohhh, look at me... Two posts in one day! And neither of them DT-related... Obviously, I'm procrastinating on something I should be doing... hehe.

So I was browsing Blogland and noticed that The Ribbon Girl's challenge was back up and running, so I decided to play along. As it was an anything goes, I decided to go shabby again.
Now, every single shabby chic card I'd made until now has always been square, but I happened to have a rectangular blank sitting on my desk I'd cut earlier, so decided to use that.

There is a lady in blogland whose work I really admire (ok, there are many, but I'm just going to mention one of them today, lol), and she most definitely inspired this card.
I'm talking of course about the fantabulous Pamellia!

I'm sure you'll know her, or have seen her around Blogland. She is brilliant at many styles, but she most often makes stunning shabby chic creations. She's one of the people I'd like to be when I grow up, and if you haven't yet, I strongly urge you go take a peek at her blog.

Anyways, here's my Pamellia-inspired card for the evening. It doesn't do her justice, but I enjoyed making it nonetheless.


I'm off to go play at The Ribbon Girl now.
And as per instruction I shall also take this to play over at In the Pink! ;-)


Have a great evening!

Sammy-x

19 comments:

Tina Z. said...

this is stunning!

MaryH said...

You picked a very talented blogger/cardmaker for your inspiration. With the lovely flowers, the layers and embellies, I think you've done a great job on this inspired beautiful card. I like the different shades of pinks you've used, added the delicate lace, and the tiny heart tucked in with the flowers. I think Pamellia would be very proud to know she's inspired this! TFS & Hugs

Pawsitively Creative said...

Well I'll be tickled pink! I know Pamellia will totally enjoy this and be so thrilled to see she inspired you. She's such a sweet little lady. Your design is gorgeous and shabbyliscious! Your use of the flowers and lace are beautiful and that sentiment is so perfect and correct! Awesome sauce! ~Niki

brenda said...

Another totally delightful creation in such pretty colours Sammy.

B x

Valerija said...

Wonderful card. Love the colours and sentiment.
Valerija xx

aussie aNNie said...

Amazing card with a fab sentiment...xx{aNNie}

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Shabby chic indeed and very beautiful, love it

Sarah said...

Very pretty Sammy and Pamellia will be very flattered xx

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Sammy, such a gorgeous shabby chic design.
Pauline
x

Gina's Cards said...

This is such a beautiful shabby chic card! i love all the gorgeous details. Thank you for sharing with us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx
http://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/catalog/

Kat W said...

Pamellia really does make stunning cards and you have definitely captured the essence of her style and made it all your own with this fabulous shabby chic design.
It's so nice to use a quote as the centrepiece and all the flowers, ribbon and lace just look gorgeous :-)
You should enter this at In The Pink too; it would be perfect for our buttons and/or bows challenge and I'd love to see you come and play with us!
Big hugs, Kat xx

Pamellia said...

Sammy, I can't tell you how big the smile on my face is right now! I'm so honoured that I had even a small part in the inspiration behind this drop dead gorgeous card!! Thank you so much for your sweet words. The warm and fuzzies have flooded over me and I'm so grateful for that today! Your card is just stunning, so many beautiful layers and I love the shabby ribbon bow! Absolutely scrumptious! Thanks again for this lovely post, you have really put the bounce in my step this morning with your sweet shout out and that amazing sentiment!! big hugs and take care until my return :)

Inkypinkydelights said...

Sammy what a beautiful card! Oh I do know who you mean and I am nodding wholeheartedly in agreement. Judy x

Ribbon Girl said...

Lovely card Sammy!! and thanks for joining in with The Ribbon Girl Card Challenge, and best of luck, Mary x www.ribbongirl.co.uk

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

LOVE this Sammy! Very cool hunny xoxo

SewPaperPaint said...

What a great quote and gorgeous shabby collage! Hugs, Autumn

KT Fit Kitty said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the shabby chic style and I wish I make something like this! Beautiful sentiment too!

Pop's Cards said...

Simply stunning sweetie, hugs Pops x

Annette said...

Ooooh Sammy this is lovely. I love that crinkled ribbon and the flowers. Really pretty card.
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
Lili of the Valley,
My Mum's Craft Shop,
In The Pink Challenge
Squirrel's not-so-random Challenge
As You Like It Challenge.