Followers

Friday 1 July 2016

July Challenge - Altered Eclectics

Hello again,

Yep, second post of the morning, as the 1st also means a new challenge at Altered Eclectics!

This month I decided to prettify an old wooden box that was donated at work and I rescued from certain doom (i.e. being thrown in the bin by people who just don't "get it" lol).
I needed somewhere to put my completed tags, and this was perfect!



I adore that lovely tree by Fernli Designs. It's one of my favourite shapes they do (and must order more, as I'm down to the last one!)
I used those lovely Chatsworth papers again. Naturally, I decorated the inside too.


The lace in the lid is tightly fastened at the sides, but not in the middle, so can be used to store things in too.

And that's my project. hope you like it, and hope you'll come play with us!

Have a fantabulous day!

Sammy-x

9 comments:

Jane Savage said...

Now that is lush!! Love it! xxx

brenda said...

Another lovely share Sammy and love all the flowers on the post below.

B x

Sandra Wright. said...

Fab box Sammy...something I should be thinking of doing for all my Tags..x

Chris said...

Gorgeous! Love that you have made a thing of beauty from something that was to be thrown away! (and it's useful too!)
Chris
x

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Sammy, such lovely muted tones and pretty details.
Pauline
x

Judy McKay said...

Wow!1 Beautiful altered box Sammy. Wonderful details. Judy

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

I too love the tree shape - such a beautiful box, right up my street and so pleased you rescued it from its certain doom xx

Kat W said...

It's only right that your gorgeous tags have an equally gorgeous box to be stored in, and I love the idea of popping things in behind the lace as well.
It's also awesome to give an old unloved box a new lease of life and you have decorated it so brilliantly :-)
Big hugs, Kat xx

Jane Royston said...

A beautiful box! Love the vintage look, Jane :) X