Followers

Wednesday 14 January 2015

NBUS no more!

Hi all,

I'm sure you are all familiar with Darnell, over at djkardkreations? Well, for those of you who aren't, she is one of my favourite bloggers, who makes such beautiful cards and has a wonderful way with words. And acronyms too. Which brings me to NBUS. NBUS stands for "never-before-used-schtuff", something I'm sure we all have an abundance of. In an effort to help us reduce the amount os NBUS we all have in our collections, Darnell is currently hosting her 3rd NBUS challenge.
The idea is to make a card using NBUS of some description, and then linking it to the challenge.

Naturally, I had to play along, especially as I had a whole bag full of new Sir Tim goodies to play with!

I really enjoyed the blackboard technique I tried out recently, so I decided to do another, and this was the result:



The stamp, brad, tissue tape and "play" ticket, are all NBUS. Sorry, were, as I obviously used them here! ;-)


In other news, don't forget about the DT call over at Buckwells Crafty Challenge. We're looking for a few extra teamies, so if you fancy playing along, please do apply!

Have an awesomesauce day!

Sammy-x

17 comments:

Pamellia said...

Fabulous card Sammy and I am loving your new schtuff!! Great choice of stamp for your blackboard technique and I love the numbers background! until next time, hugs :)

brenda said...

A really super card Sammy and so inspirational.

B x

downrightcrafty said...

love that technique must give it a go great card
hugs Kate xx

Inkypinkydelights said...

This is brilliant Sammy! Judy x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wondered what the title meant! Fab card and well done for using the Nbus. I have some candy on offer x

cotnob said...

This is a brilliant card Sammy, everything goes so well together.
Pauline
x

An Occasional Genius said...

That's a great man card Sammy, love the chalkboard effect xx

Christine L said...

Loving your fabbie card Sammy.... and I have to confess, I have lots of NBUS too!!

Hugs
Christine x

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant creation, love this one and the image and colours and design are stunning. keep smiling...{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Sue said...

Fab card Sammy!!! huggles Sue xxx

Neha said...

Beautiful chalkboard card sammy. Love the selection of pattern paper and embellishment. Thank you for stopping by @ me blog and for kind words.

Redanne said...

Wow Sammy, your card is just fabulous! I love that Tim stamp you used for your chalkboard technique. This really is a gorgeous card! Anne x

MaryH said...

Great showcase of all these wonderful TH products and it's easy to see you're really going great with this look. What a brilliant card for the NBUS! Darnell will love it too! The Brusho's are fun, but I had to hunt for a USA source. Then get brave enough to venture a little use. I've seen some marvelous backgrounds & work from some UK bloggers, and it's called "enabling" (I prefer to think of it as helping boost the economy!). TFS & Hugs. Happy wkend too.

Darnell said...

This is such a great design, Sammy! I love the masculine feel, too, and know a guy who would go nuts for all the gambling details on this awesome birthday card! Love the embossed white chalkboard effect, too!! Thank you so much for linking to my NBUS Challenge #3 and for your kind compliments! Have a great weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

Elise said...

heheheheh! Oh yes, I know exactly about NBUS! And I have to make it a point to use them this year!!! :) hehe!

Well, your creations is STUNNING Sammy! I so love vintage things .. and this is BEAUUUUTIFUL! I love the use of your blackboard!!!

Wishing you a wonderful weekend dear!

Big Hugs,
Elise

Kat W said...

A fabulous design full of gorgeous TH goodies! Love the chalkboard style and the little letters :-)

Hmmmm, now I'm sure I might just have a *little* bit of NBUS in my craft room... ;-)

Big hugs, Kat xx

Mary J said...

Gorgeous card, Sammy - love how you used the elements!