Followers

Tuesday 30 December 2014

Favourite five (10? 11?) of 2014...

Hi all, back again with my favourite projects of 2014, but before I start, a picture of our new look bathroom!


It's not a great picture, but the room is so tiny it's hard to get a good look at it in a picture, and this angle means you get to see the wall colour, trim and floor all together :-) It's still a work in progress, but we're nearly there!

Now then, on to the


Once again Debby is hosting this super fun event, and of course I needed to play along!

However, I hit a snag... After compiling my favourites, I noticed that not a single one of them was a card! I guess I enjoy non-card stuff more right now. But, I wanted to pick cards too, so decided to do two top 5s here... One for cards and one for other stuff.

Here goes:

Top 5 cards

In 5th place:


A very recent make... What can I say, I just adore everything Tim Holtz, and I'm finally getting my hands on some goodies to play with. This is the result. I'm pleased :-)


In 4th place:


I had a lot of fun with this one... It was the brainchild of several inspiring challenges, and I even managed to work an entire bingo board into it! This ended up as my daughter's birthday card.


In 3rd place:


It has very much been a year for new techniques for me, and after following Sir Tim's Creative Chemistry 101, I just had to have a go at the emboss resist technique. This was the result. I was soooo pleased!


In 2nd place:


Another of those rare creations that came out exactly as imagined. I don't normally like working in black and white, but it just all came together beautifully here.


In 1st place:



In first place the card I made for LOTV's 10th birthday. I really enjoyed making this, and loved how it came out. One of my happiest moments this year was visiting the shop and finding it on display!

Ok, could I just sneak in a special mention here? Because I made a card and liked it so much, I did it again in another colour. I think I prefer the blue, but I do love them both!




Now then, well done for sticking with me so far, but I'm not done yet! On to my:

Top 5 non-cards



Just my cup of tea... a steampunk box! Loved making this.




A mini album made with some of my favourite LOTV papers. LOVE the colour combo. Am in the process of re-doing this in pink, but need to stock up on pink blooms first!




I love, love, LOVE how this came out. another new technique for me, and it ended up exactly how I wanted it.




I have to admit, this canvas inspired by November's VI challenge would have been in first place, if not for the sentimental value of the first. I LOVE this!




The mini-album I made for my son's 1-to-1 teacher when he left primary school. It was easily the most sentimental item I have ever made and couldn't be anywhere other than first place! (If you haven't read the story before, the "1st place" line above is a link to the original blog post).

And there they are. Phew! Took some doing! lol.

Have a fantastic day!

Sammy-x

17 comments:

Margaret Mifsud said...

Beautiful creations Sammy, I can see why they are your faves. I can't pick a fave they are all so gorgeous!!! ox

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Firstly love the bathroom and as for your stunning creations, wow, what brilliant makes x

Sarah said...

Fab creations one and all Sammy!! Great colour choice in the bathroom, we have grey walls and teal accessories!! xx

cotnob said...

Two fabulous collections Sammy, I'm not surprised your first choices were non-cards, you are so good at altered art.
The teal looks lovely against the grey in your new bathroom, you must be really pleased with it.
Pauline
x

Sue said...

Fab bathroom colours Sammy!!! and I love ALL your creations wish I had more time to try some altered art ..lots of huggles Sue xxx

Christine L said...

Loving all these hon.... but so glad your favourite creation is in pink!!

Hugs
Christine x
HAPPY NEW YEAR! x

Christine L said...

PS Love the bathroom colour!

Hugs
Christine x

Joey said...

You have such stunning makes, I adore your 1st place card such a beautiful design. Jo x

Desire Fourie said...

Sammy this is a stunning series of creations, a true showcase of your wonderful creative talent. Its hard to pick a favourite. Thank you so much for sharing them with your bloggy friends.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Elise said...

OOH Sammy!! All of your creations are just absolutely GORRRRRRGEUS!!!!!!!! I loved looking through them .. each one different and so unique .. and yet all so GORGEOUS!!!

Wishing you and your family a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Big Hugs,
Elise

Viv said...

Fabulous!!!Your altered pieces are beautiful - haven't done much altered stuff this year - maybe in 2015!
Hard to pick a fave from the cards but I think the resist one grabs it - just!
Happy New Year!

aussie aNNie said...

Happy New Year from Australia, it is now 2015 let's hope for a better year. Love the card selections, style and gorgeous colours.. Your bathroom looks pretty good too Sammy..xx
{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Darnell said...

It's wonderful to catch up with you, Sammy, and I've come at the perfect time to see your favorite Christmas cards, your favorite five non-cards, and your favorite five cards! I'm so impressed, my friend!! I wish you all the best in the new year!! Thank you for your friendship! (Love the bathroom!) Hugs, Darnell

MaryH said...

Oh Wow! What a wealth of crafty goodness to enjoy this evening. Loved each one of them, and what an honor to have LOTV display one of your pretty cards. I can imagine how pleased you were to see it. Loved your bathroom makeover...great color combo. Thanks for becoming a follower in 2014, and I'm sending big wishes that 2015 will be a banner year for you in all things that you need it to be. Looking forward to enjoying more crafty skills as I visit here. You're a wiz at doing these new techniques and handling each one so marvelously well. TFS Hugs & Happy New Year!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Sammy, all those creations utterly deserve a top 5 spotlight! Love the 'non-card' makes, but love your cards as well hun. All fabulous! Happy New Year hun. Hugs, Wends x

debby4000 said...

Your favourite cards are gorgeous and love the non cards projects too
Thank you for joining my Favourite Five of 2014.
luv
Debby

Taunya Butler said...

You do really lovely and intricate work - Thank you so very much for sharing your talents with us!! You do very precise and detailed work and make it look easy!! Hats off to you!!!