Followers

Thursday 24 July 2014

Feeling Fruity - The Crafting Cafe DT

Evening all,

Apologies... This should have gone live this morning, and I thought I'd written and scheduled the posts, but my short-term memory sucks and misled me on this one!
So it's a little late, but it's here nonetheless!

And the July theme at The Crafting Cafe is Feeling Fruity. This means we'd like you to include fruit or fruit colours on your project.

I chose this lovely image by our sponsor Lacy Sunshine, and managed to find the perfect backing paper and mat after rummaging through some loose 12x12s I've had kicking around for a year or so! I coloured her to suit, and mounted it all on an A5 card - somewhat bigger than I'm used to, but I wanted to show off more of the paper!


I added a sentiment from LOTV, and a couple of fruit charms which were in fact attached to my daughter's tattoo pens!
I also experimented with colouring the apple a little, as real apples (or at least Granny Smiths, which I was trying to use as a guide, have a "spotty" kind of texture if you look closely. So I tried to replicate that (from memory, as I didn't have any handy... My daughter had eaten them all!). I'm not a 100% sure whether I like the result, or hate it, lol.

Anyways, you still have a week to come and join in, so please do if you haven't already!

Have a great remainder of the day.

Sammy-x

5 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous colours here and the gorgeous image and classy style is appealing.xxx ♥aNNie The Journey is the Start

Lozzy said...

Beautiful Sammy, really pretty and do love the image with the colours you have used, so sweet..Hugs Lozzy xx

Sue said...

Love this image Sammy and all the pretty colours too..huggles have a great weekend Sue xx

Emily Lauritzen said...

Too cute! Such a sweet card and I love that you were able to find the perfect papers to go with your image! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a kind comment!
<3 Emily L.

cotnob said...

Such a lovely bright card Sammy, I love your cute image and pretty papers.
Have a lovely weekend.
Pauline
x