Followers

Saturday 7 May 2022

Book print, sheet music and maps - Sweet Stampin'

Morning all!

Sometimes it's fun to use something besides a flowery designer paper for a card, no? At Sweet Stampin' we think so, so this week we're looking for your creations that feature book print, sheet music or maps!

(and yes of course you can use designer paper or stamps featuring those too!)

As using any of the above three is something I love to do, I have a stock of old sheet music, book paper and even an old atlas to use in my creations (an upside of volunteering for a charity is rescuing things like these from ending up in a landfill somewhere when they prove unloved in the shop!). Of course, because I love all three, I also had some difficulty choosing which to use, so in the end I went with all three!


So I used a page from an old book as the background, and had some fun with inks and texture paste. I then made a butterfly out of a layer of sheet music, book paper and finally old map paper to give it some dimension. (It was hard to get all the layers in one picture, but they're there!) A matching glass button, some twine and a sentiment, and my card was done.

And now it's your turn! Come share your bookish/musical/mappy creations with us. we'd love to see them!

Have a fantabulous weekend!

Sammy-x

No comments: