Followers

Friday 1 January 2016

January challenge - Rhedd's Creative Spirit

Good morning everyone, and a very happy new year to you all!

Do you have any resolutions for this year? I do. I'm determined to be less rubbish and come visit all your gorgeous blogs more often, as I've been a bit useless recently. Now that the December rush is over, hopefully I'll be able to do just that!

Now the first of the month means challenge time at Rhedd's Creative Spirit, of course. We took a break for December, but we're all very glad to be back, and there's some utterly gorgeous inspiration waiting for you on the blog, if you care to go take a peek...

For mine, I decided to take a papier mache box from Hobbycraft, and turn it into something to put my Distress Markers in, as they had previously just been lying on my desk and getting in the way.


I'm loving this colour combo at the moment, and of course I had to have something with text (in this case texture paste through a script stencil). I also used up most of my pearls and added flowers and a couple of wooden shapes from Fernli Designs.


So, maybe not too surprising to see an organisational item in the January line-up, but I have to admit I think it looks rather pretty on my desk, as well as being very useful!

I hope you'll all include coming to play at Rhedd's in your new year's resolutions. Just remember, anything altered art goes! 

Health and happiness to you all,

Sammy-x

17 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous design here Sammy, I love the colour combo, Hope you had a lovely Christmas and all the best for the new year.xx
 {aNNie}

Lozzy said...

Stunning Sammy, love the colour and great idea for your markers...Happy New Year...Hugs Lozzy xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Beautiful box, great use of texture and lovely colours. Happy new year

Unknown said...

Aww wow this is fabulous! Such a gorgeous box!
Lucy x

Dr Sonia S V said...

To visit your blogging buddies more is such an awesome new year resolution!!
Your box looks fabulous
Cheers
Dr Sonia

MaryH said...

What a lovely & creative way to start your New Year's organizational project, and it will be so useful. Pretty to have your markers handy on your desk, without the mess of marker clutter everywhere! Being more organized (well, actually GETTING organized)is definitely on my list of things I must do! Hope I can get round to more blogs as well....Happy New Year & TFS

Veerle said...

I just love your box Sammy.
Lots of creativity and inspiration for you in this year.
But it looks like you have started off very well.
Hugs, Veerle

Sarah said...

Perfect storage for DI's Sammy, mine are stacked and topple over for a pastime!! Love the colour too. Wishing you many good things in 2016 xx

Rupa Swaminathan said...

Lovely color tone and always a thunmps up for any project that has a functional value!This will look great on your table Sammy! Wishing you a happy and creative 2016. Hugs.

Sandra Wright. said...

Loving the colour palette too Sammy..great storage and a gorgeous item to have on your desk...my pens are in a mug,lol...
Love that we are all back designing for the blog...

Wishing you and yours a wonderful new year....
Hugs xx

mixamatoasties said...

Oh that's fab Sammy! Love it.

Happy New Year xx

My Side of Oz said...

I just told Sandie I am terrified of altering boxes LOL and I see this beauty! And for markers, oh my, how I need some of those! Love the colors so much and the text is the absolute perfect accompaniment for this! Gorgeous totally, xx

cotnob said...

A super altered box Sammy, fabulous details.
Wishing you a very Happy New Year, I hope it's a good one.
Pauline
x

Rachel said...

Happy New Year Sammy!
Gorgeous project - I love the colours. xxx

Toni said...

Hi Sammy... loving your paper mache box. I too have waaaay too much stuff on my craft table... I think I might need to create some containers to organize stuff. I love the colors you chose and the script stencil is just perfect. Thanks for the inspiration. Happy New Years !

Jane Savage said...

Happy New Year, Sammy! Hope your Christmas was a fab one up in bonnie Scotland! My New Year’s resolution should be to make gorgeous things like this!! Wow!! Looks amazing and I love that colour combo too! xxx

Kat W said...

Organisational items are my favourites! I love your colour choice, the beautiful textured script and the pretty details too. Come to think of it...that would look super on my desk ;-) Hmmm, probably gonna have to make my own - lol!

I'm trying hard not to make proper New Year's Resolutions as I will likely not keep them...but I am also going to try very hard to keep up better with all my blogging friends...I wish us both good luck with that!

Happy New Year!

Big hugs, Kat xx